A romantic journey takes you back in time with delicious food and musical delights.The luxurious carriages of the Candle-light Express comprise a saloon car, a bar, and a dining car offering three hours of gastronomic delight to those who wish to take part in this special journey and want to evoke the ambience of the past. The three-course candle-light dinner is served in the dining car along with fine Hungarian wines offered by your waiters.
While going back to Budapest, enjoy the sounds of the resident pianist playing in the Bar Lounge Car. Out star-singer this evening is Gabi Szűcs.
| 18:15-18:50 || Registration at Nyugati railway station|
|18:50||Departure of the Candle-light Express. Route: Nyugati rs. - Nagymaros. Dinner will be served on the way in the dining cars. |
|20:00||Arrival to Nagymaros (Danube-bend).|
| Music program in the bar car.|
|21:40||Arrival to Budapest-Nyugati railway station|
|Classic dining cars|
Classic dining cars manufactured in the late 80’s are the backbone of MÁV Rail Tours’ dining car fleet. The recently modernized, air-conditioned, 42-seater cars offer our guests seven double and seven quadruple tables. Full catering service can be ordered.
WR 2347 Teakwood Orient dining car
This beautiful teakwood dining car is the flagship of our fleet. The carriage manufactured in Prague in 1912 miraculously remained largely intact throughout the years and was renovated in 2012. It is a matchless, iconic vehicle admired by even the current owners of the Orient Express.
The governmetal saloon is the best choice for an exclusive dining venue for groups of up to ten.
The car has dedicated staff to guarantee the unmatched service. A small lounge room and a private bathroom is available for the guests.
| Tickets I.|
| Classic dining car ||HUF 21.990|| GALLERY |
| WR 2347 Teakfwood Orient dining car ||HUF 26.990|| GALLERY |
- Prices above include nostalgia train journey with seat reservation, welcome drink, the choosen menu, hot drinks, water, wines and music program on board. Alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages can be purchased on board.
- If the two seats tables have been sold out and only the four seats tables are available, we will guarantee to have two seats empty at a four seats table for an extra fee of 10.000 HUF/table surcharge. We will suprise you with a bottle of Hungarian sparkling wine as a present if you book your table with the surcharge.
- Guests are welcomed only above 14 years of age at the departure day.
- The prices of the saloon includes the train journey in the private saloon, welcome drink, the choosen menu, two bottles of champagne, hot drinks, water, wines and music program on board. Other than listed alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages can be purchased on board.
- The group of the saloon car can privately use the saloon, the lounge room and the private bathroom.
- The saloon is offered on a fix price regardless of the number of guest in the car. The maximum capacity is 10. The menu needs to be finalized at least 10 days before the actual departure date.
You will receive 1 MRT stamp for this trip!